Word spreads fast in the climate community, and as word has gotten out about the theft of Peaceful Uprising’s funds, people across the country have stepped up to help.
The National Media is telling the story of just how all of this happened and the activists at Peaceful Uprising spirits have been boosted by the heartfelt letters and comments they are receiving. Here is just a brief list of news outlets covering the story.
All of those modest donations from across the world are starting to add up and Peaceful Uprising would like to thank you that have donated and remind you to ask your friends to help us out as well.
Peaceful Uprising is relatively new on the scene but this small ragtag group of non-violent activists is already a key player in the climate movement. They were co-founded by venerated activist Tim DeChristopher in 2009 shortly after his action at a BLM lease sale for which he is currently serving two years in Federal Prison. Peace Up is well known for their colorful and creative approach to non-violent civil disobedience and has been a refreshing addition to the discourse as they pushed for powerful non-violent direct actions.
In the coming months Peaceful Uprising has BIG plans. Just because we are out some money doesn’t mean we are packing it in. We have a planet to save! Here is a brief peek at what we are up to….
- Continuing to train activists engaged in social justice in non-violent civil disobedience tactics across the country, including supporting Occupy.
- Keeping the climate movement focused on the Climate Justice/ Social Justice and Human Rights framework that is needed to address climate issues.
- Taking on the mining industry and organizing a movement to take on one of the largest corporate violators of human rights Rio Tinto.
- Conducting community audits and holding organizations accountable for their destruction of our air, water and land.
- Working to protect the treasured and surreal landscapes of the American West by fighting fracking, planned Tar Sands and Oil Shale developments. We will be working with other groups to oppose a planned Nuclear power plant in Southern Utah and to oppose the planned strip mine for coal near Bryce Canyon National Park.
Please take care of Peaceful Uprising as they continue to take care of this planet and work for a livable future.
Please share your stories of how Peaceful Uprising has inspired you by sending your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org